Outdoors of direct pitching and networking, most freelance work comes via writing job websites. Whereas there are such a lot of on the market, this text will likely be a abstract of the perfect freelance writing websites so that you don’t waste your time.
Whereas there are much more than will likely be talked about within the article, simply know these are 4 of the perfect to start out with when you’re trying to develop into a contract author.
What to Search for in A Freelance Writing Web site
Discovering a very good website as a freelancer is usually key to getting your profession rolling.
It’s a good way to search out your first few jobs, construct some portfolio items, and formally develop into a freelancer. You may even discover some shoppers who keep as your shoppers for a very long time.
Relating to freelance writing websites, there are tons of, if not 1000’s, to select from. The issue is that the majority of them sound nice, however while you get into the finer particulars they both supply horrible pay or they barely have any work to supply.
As you hunt for freelance writing websites, you’ll want to work out issues equivalent to:
- Do you’ll want to create a profile?
- Is there an software course of?
- What charges do they take out of your pay, if any?
- What sort of writing do they provide?
- When do they pay?
- Is it a official website?
Professionals and Cons of Freelance Writing Websites
Relating to beginning out as a contract author, you may both go to writing websites or you may immediately pitch to firms. Most individuals select to start out out with freelance websites as a result of it’s much less intimidating than the choice.
Relying on the kind of writing you love to do, there are a number of execs and cons of utilizing freelance writing websites.
Professionals of freelance writing websites:
- Tons of freelance writing jobs in a single place
- Capable of finding particular jobs primarily based in your most well-liked varieties of jobs
- You don’t must hunt for the work or do any cold-pitching, the roles are already out there so that you can select from
- Take as a lot or as little work as you need
- Earn cash on the facet in case you have a full-time or part-time job
Cons of freelance writing websites
- They’re typically extremely aggressive as they’re normally open to individuals from all around the globe
- Charges will be on the decrease finish because of the competitors
- Takes time to hunt via job postings to discover a good match
- Can take some time to get your first few jobs and construct your fame (relying on if the positioning provides evaluations for the freelancer or not)
Now that you already know what you must search for and the professionals and cons of these kind of websites, let’s dive into the precise really helpful websites.
Greatest Freelance Writing Websites
Let’s dive into a number of the finest freelance writing websites and go over what you’ll want to learn about each.
#1 – LinkedIn
Now, LinkedIn will not be technically a job website as a result of it’s additionally a social community, however it could not be attainable to say the perfect freelance writing websites with out naming LinkedIn.
Folks will typically point out needing writers in standing’ or recruiters may attain out to you when you make your profile particular sufficient utilizing key phrases. Tons of freelance writers like LinkedIn as a result of it additionally lets you connect with enterprise house owners so you may get your foot within the door for dream shoppers and industries.
Though you’re a freelancer, LinkedIn additionally permits you to control precise job postings from firms, when you ever determine to submit your resume and discover some full-time or part-time work.
Professionals of LinkedIn:
- Nice for networking and rising your profession as a freelancer
- Capable of join with editors at dream publications
- Freelance work of all types and in all industries are in a position to be discovered on LinkedIn
Cons of LinkedIn:
- Targeted extra on jobs than particularly freelance work
- Have to spend a little bit of time establishing your profile to make it stand out
- LinkedIn permits you to create a free account, however there are some advanced paid features when you select to increase your attain
#2 – Upwork
The nice side of Upwork is that there are 1000’s upon 1000’s of jobs posted at any given time for writers to hunt via. You’ll need to set your filters so you could find the roles which might be a greater match for you, however there are extra jobs there than on virtually another freelancing website.
Now, Upwork doesn’t have the perfect fame for freelance writers because of the (typically) low charges on jobs.
Nevertheless, with just a little little bit of digging and persistence, writers could make a good price via Upwork. It’d take some time to construct your fame on that website and enhance your referrals, however that’s how one can enhance your price via that website.
Professionals of Upwork:
- Tons of jobs to kind via at any given cut-off date
- One central place to search out freelance writing work
Cons of Upwork:
- Have to hunt via a number of jobs to search out good charges
- A number of competitors in terms of discovering freelance writing jobs
- Upwork is free to make use of, however you solely get so many credit with the free plan
- Take into accout, they take a share of your earnings (20% on your first $500, then 10% of your first $10,000, then 5% from there)
#3 – BloggingPro
BloggingPro is targeted particularly on running a blog and associated varieties of writing alternatives. As an alternative of working contained in the platform, it’s extra of a operating checklist of the present full-time, part-time, and freelance writing alternatives out there.
Professionals of BloggingPro:
- Tons of freelance writing jobs from all around the web
- You too can join their e mail checklist and get the brand new jobs despatched to you frequently
Cons of BloggingPro:
- No central base to use for jobs, you continue to typically want to jot down your pitches, ship your portfolio, and extra
- They don’t work together with the shoppers to verify the roles are official
- It’s free to scroll via their website and apply to the roles
#4 – Fixed Content material
Constant Content is generally centered on content material for companies. So, think about a number of search engine optimization articles, weblog posts, product descriptions, and so forth.
They’ve quite a lot of writing jobs to select from, whether or not you select to promote articles you write within the market or tackle particular gigs for shoppers, you’ve gotten quite a lot of methods to develop with their website.
They’ve over 100,000 web sites that purchase content material from them, so there are countless alternatives and postings to select from. In accordance with their web site, the highest writers make $90,000+ a yr (however there’s no particulars on how a lot they’re working or what number of writers this consists of).
Professionals of Fixed Content material:
- Tons of freelance writing jobs out there
- 85% of articles written are bought
- There are clear tips with items so that you’re not writing at nighttime
- You’re in a position to write articles for matters you’re keen about and attempt to promote them
Cons of Fixed Content material:
- A number of competitors
- The charge they take off of your pay is excessive
- “Good” pay on the positioning is mostly thought-about round $0.10 per phrase
- Whereas it’s free to affix, they do take a staggering 35% lower
- There may be an software course of that you will need to move earlier than you’re allowed to affix
Want an article template define that can assist you impress editors and get extra writing gigs?
We have now simply what you want: